We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our Responsibilities to You:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You will have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitation of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation, if available, on request (after 10.00 am), or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready within 2 working days of your request (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
- Your suggestions and comments will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly
Your Responsibilities to Us:
- Please treat all Surgery Staff with respect
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change in name, address or phone number
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate and home visits only if you are really too ill to attend Surgery
- Cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Be punctual but prepared to wait if your appointment is delayed by an emergency
- Use the tear-off slip to request repeat prescriptions.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we haven’t met our responsibilities to you