As part of our Practice Community Network, the seven Farnborough practices are working together to provide GP Extended Access. These practices are Alexander House, Giffard Drive Surgery, Jenner House Surgery, Mayfield Medical Centre, Milestone Surgery, North Camp Surgery & Southwood Medical Centre
You will have the opportunity to be seen at Giffard Drive Surgery on a Monday evening and/or Saturday mornings/Friday evenings on a rota basis outside of Core Hours or at another of the participating practices dependent on the duty rota. You must book these appointments through your own practice who will be able to advise you.
If you are seen at another practice in the Farnborough locality, you must understand and give consent for the GP/nurse to view your medical records to ensure the best possible clinical care. This access to the patient’s medical record is limited to the GP/nurse with whom you have booked your appointment, for the appointment itself, and for 28 days afterwards. All of the practices in our CCG Locality work with EMIS Web Clinical System.
Most of our Consulting Rooms are on the ground floor, together with a Treatment Room for nurse appointments; all downstairs rooms have wheelchair access.
- Our front doors are automatic.
- There is a disabled W.C.
- Disabled parking is near the front door.
- We have a Hearing Loop installed for the hard of hearing.
- A Carer Support Worker is available for our patients - appointments can be made. You will need to leave your contact number for them to contact you.
- We hold a Carers' Clinic once a month on a Wednesday between 12:30 - 15:30. Please ask at Reception to make an appointment or speak to our Carers Lead, Jane Lusted.
Dementia Friendly Practice
Giffard Drive Surgery has been accredited as a ‘Dementia Friendly Practice’
- Making double appointments available for people with dementia
- Delivering ‘Dementia Friends’ and specialised dementia training sessions for all staff
- Appointing a carers’ ambassador to signpost carers to support services that can help them
- Installing new dementia-friendly signage and artwork
We are grateful to our Patient Group and the other patients and carers who worked with us on this project.